What is SRP?
SRP stands for Science Research Programme. Student will work on research projects under the guidance of mentors from the Faculty of Science and Faculty of Engineering of NUS; the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine of NUS; DSO National Laboratories; Institute of Infocomm Research; Institute of Materials Research & Engineering; or Cancer Science Institute of Singapore.
What does SRP comprise?
- Mentorship Attachment
- Science Research Congress
How can I apply for SRP?
Interested eligible JC 1 H2 science students need first register to sit for an Aptitude Test and apply for participation in the Research Module Method (RMM).
If you have:
- Perform above average in the Aptitude Test
- Demonstrated interested in scientific research-related activities in Secondary School
- A recommendation from the school principal
then you have the chance of being selected out of a total 120 students for participation in the RMM.
Admission would only take place in May if:
- You have successfully completed RMM
- A mentor has accepted an approved research plan
What is RMM then?
The RMM is a series of structured lectures and workshops to be conducted in NUS by invited scientist lecturers on 2 Wednesday afternoons (2.30 – 5.30 p.m.) in April.
In this series of lectures and workshops you will learn how to:
- extract information from papers
- understand the materials and methods in terms of time, space and logistic planning in research or experiments
- understand the nature and type of data to be collected or analysed
- formulate hypothesis
- write abstracts based on given articles
Timeline for RMM
|Apr||Attend the 2 RMM Sessions|
|Late Apr||Attend 29th Science Research Congress|
The application process for RMM is rather long, and you are encouraged to take a look at it.
After you have completed your RMM, and submitted an approved research plan, you may proceed to apply for admission to SRP from May onwards.
What is the timeline of SRP?
|Early May||Apply for SRP|
|29 May – 23 Jun||Attend at least 2-week Full-time Attachment during the vacation|
|Jun – Nov||Work on research projects|
|Mid Aug||Registration of H3-Science Research projects|
|Mid Jan||Submit H3- and Enrichment-SRP scientific papers & abstracts|
|Late Feb||Oral Defence by H3-SRPians|
|Mid Apr||Poster Presentations by award winners & Enrichment-SRPians at the Science Research Congress|